Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Ranger may get EcoBoost, but should it get a Diesel?

If you've visited my blog before you must realize I love the Ranger and have written about it many times. I own a 1999 Ranger XLT, best damn truck I've ever had. Even on MyFordDreams Classic I ranted about the Ranger And while I'm hoping we get the new T-6 Ranger and even looking forward to the EcoBoost I-4, I'm still wondering if FoMoCo is being foolish by not offering a Diesel version.
Mahindra & Mahindra is going to bring their Diesel powered compact pickup here next year. Detroit Free Press article says they're taking advantage of axed Chrysler dealers and will get better than 22 mpg from their 2.2L Diesel. While that MPG figure isn't stellar, don't forget about the grunt of a diesel for towing and hauling. Will the EcoBoost Ranger's 175 hp 180 lb ft be a match?
I'm hoping we get the T-6 Ranger and I'm wishing that it offers a Diesel option.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diesel Ranger?
I buy one in a heartbeat!