Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I never want to do a road trip with P.J. O'Rourke, but I want to read about his next!

Finally finished Driving Like Crazy by P.J. O'Rourke and I gotta say I would be afraid to drive across country ( any country ) with him, but next time he does it I want to read about it!
Driving across the Baja with Mike Nesmith, across India with other journalist or even across state lines with his wife and offspring, O'Rourke's misadventures are epic. I'd love to have a beer or four with him and listen to him tell these tales, but after reading about them that's as adventurous as I am.

Mr O'Rourke's views of the world and his love of bombastic SUVs may not be very PC, hell nothing about him is, but this is a great read for the beach or even that commuter rail ride.

No comments: