Monday, August 07, 2006

Missing presumed dead? No I'm still here

So you may be wondering, where have I been, why MIA? No blog entries for a week? Is MyFordDreams dead?
No, as much as I may feel like it, it's not. As much of the US was going through a record breaking heat wave last week, so was Metro NY. And that's where MFD is based.
And with steamy heat comes........Power Failures !!! Thanks to our local utility and the infrastructure that dates back to the 20's and 30's.
Add to that, I work in a boiler plant, around high pressure steam. So if the temp is 100 outside, it's much worse inside. And my home office has no A/C and is on the second floor of the house. So there was no way after working in a sweat box, that I was going anywhere near that room, even when we were lucky enough to have lights.
But like Lazarus or the Terminator....
I'll be back, slowly at first as I have not been near a computer in a week, so I have a lot of news to catch up on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There you are.

Your reasons are understandable. People have died from this heat. Take care of yourself and we'll continue to check out the blog periodically for new stuff.

You got another week :)