Friday, September 07, 2007

Holy crap! I love this on so many different levels....

I saw this on Jalopnik and can't tell you all the ways this gets me excited!
The Mustang GT RTD Bio-Diesel racer. It's got a 2.0 liter Diesel putting out 280 hp and 369 lb ft of torque! And it runs on Bio-Diesel! Top speed? How about 152 mph!!

Now I know there's absolutely no way that this would ever get built, but it does warm the heart to see it. And the body is plastic, derived from natural plant fiber, developed in partnership with German Aerospace.

I like the idea of a sporty coupe with Bio-Diesel power, but I think I'm going to be lonely waiting for that one. Still it's encouraging to see FoMoCo develop something interesting. I wonder how this will trickle down to Ford's European customers?

No comments: