Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sighting today and competitor for the Fiesta in 2011?

I drove upstate today to visit family in advance of the Thanksgiving holiday and on my way back home I had to make a pitstop on the NYS Thruway. And sitting there was a car I had only seen online and in videos from Europe, a Mercedes B200 (Wiki article linked in title). To be honest I felt bad for the poor guy sitting in the passenger seat waiting for his lady friend to return. I wasn't the first guy to ask him about the vehicle, but at least I did explain to him that he was riding in a vehicle that Mercedes doesn't sell in the United States (yet?). And his response was that he was from Montreal and unspoken was the fact that he's not a gearhead. It was a sharp looking little vehicle, but what's not impressive are the stats in the Wiki article. Only 136 hp? There is a Turbo option, as well as CDI options that are unlikely to come to these shores.
And as I walked around the little Merc, I was not as impressed as I was when walking around the Fiesta at the New York Auto Show. In my humble opinion, the Fiesta is a sharper looking package. Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see that article** about the coming BMW "Ø" being targeted at the FIESTA?
and now this?

I'm so glad these guys have RR & Bentley...
...to take on MERCURY! :D



** http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/244420/bmws_new_baby_zeroes_in_on_fiesta.html

Jim Plath said...

I'm not a gear-head by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like Ford vehicles too. My brother-in-law worked for Ford. In fact, I recently went looking for a new car, and was interested in Ford, but I also use a wheelchair, and no cars in their inventory really worked for me, unfortunately. Anyway, Intersting Blog, even for a novice such as myself.